Are you looking to optimise your site for mobile but not sure where to begin? Still trying to persuade the boss of the case for mobile? We can help.
Google recently conducted a study ”What Users Want Most From Mobile Sites Today” which investigated how smartphone users feel about engaging with businesses via mobile and what they expect from a company mobile site. This study has generated a swathe of compelling reasons to embrace mobile and ensure you’re talking to all of your customers whichever device they are visiting you with. Here are some of the juicy figures we think you will find most useful:
What do smartphone users think of web on mobile?
- 96% have visited sites that weren’t designed for mobile devices.
- 79% who visit mobile unfriendly site will look for the information they need elsewhere.
- 74% say they’re more likely to return to a site if it’s mobile-friendly.
- 67% are more likely to purchase a product or service from a mobile-friendly site.
- 52% are less likely to engage with a company offering a bad mobile experience.
- 48% say they feel frustrated or annoyed when visiting unfriendly mobile sites.
What do mobile customers want:
- 78% want to be able to find what they’re looking for in just one or two clicks.
- 76% want a business’ mobile site to fit their smartphone screen better.
- 76% want a location or opening hours from a mobile site.
- 74% want the ability to switch to a full, desktop version.
- 73% want it to be easier save information from the company.
- 69% want bigger buttons that are thumb or finger friendly
- 61% want to be able to click-to-call a business on their mobile site.
- 54% want to click-to-email a business on their mobile site.
- 53% want to download an app from a business’ mobile site.
- 48% want to be able to connect to a company’s social networks from their mobile site.
The data speaks for itself; customers expect a seamless, mobile-friendly interaction with businesses and will go elsewhere if they don’t find it.
Armed with this data you can persuade even the greatest Luddite of the case for mobile web, and if you’re ready to go mobile and are looking for the expertise to do it right then call us…